Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Month One

I'm a bit behind on this post since she turned one month old one week ago.  Oh well, we are getting back to "normal life" with a one month old.


At her one month appointment, the doctor was surprised that she was smiling at her and Jer.  It was fun to hear her exclaim, "She's not supposed to know how to do that! That's great!"  She weighed a total of 10 lb, 11 oz, which puts her in the 84% for her age.  She also measured at 21.75 inches long (68%).  It makes me wonder if she will get Jer's height.

She has started to track faces and objects.  She also coos and smiles when we touch her chin, cheek or she sees Jer or me.  It's fun to be one of the only ones that can calm her down when she's fussy.


Here is the biggest update.  She has now given me 8 nights of more than 7 hours of sleep.  I love sleeping through the night and realize it could change, but I'm enjoying it instead of waiting for the shoe to fall.

It's been a good month, a great month.  She's no longer the "baby" of our friend group or our church group.  We were excited to meet Kai at church and hope to meet Ava soon!  I hope they will be fast friends.

3 comments:

Kellee Flatt said...

She's darling!! Love the picture with the pink towel.

The Worsts said...

She is precious Michelle, she really is! I think her and Ava will be fast friends:)

ps. what is your secret for the long nights of sleep? I hope I can say the same!

Taflinger said...

Yeah for such great nights of sleep!! She's beautiful!