First things first, being a dad is amazing. Holding Maddie and seeing how beautiful she is something that is not easy to put into words. Impossible to put into words. All you dads and moms out there are nodding right now and it is so true. There is just something about being a parent that is so incredible.
Second things second, being a dad is kind of scary. I remember my dad telling me time after time, that I needed to be more responsible. No matter what I do wrong, whether we got the cops called on us because we tried to soap cars at prom, we stayed out past curfew, or we didn't do our chores, it all came back to one thing, I was irresponsible. Now granted, that was back in high school/college, and I have become a lot more responsible since then, but how responsible am I now? I don't really know, but I know that now I am RESPONSIBLE for taking care of and raising another human being. That is scary. Again, all the dads and moms out there are nodding.
Third things third, being a dad is fun. Seeing her smile, whether it is at me or mom or just because her stomach hurts, who knows, that is fun. Seeing her poop face (below), so fun, but so smelly soon after. Another quick example: I was burping her last night and just looking at her face, I just started laughing out loud, and so did Mich, that is fun.
Poop Face
Fourth things fourth, being a dad is a challenge. This is all completely new to me. So, you kind of have to learn as you go. There will be many mistakes, but that is ok. There will probably be some tears, but that is ok too. The adjustment of being just a husband, to now husband and dad, is one I am still working on. I have to try to find this perfect balance of caring for my daughter, yet still recognizing my wife as my partner and equal and the first love of my life (besides our Savior Jesus, of course). Michelle has been amazing so far by the way. I am very impressed and very happy that she married me.
Alright, time for lunch. Thanks for listening and hope to be back soon.


1 comment:
I love the pics of the poop face. We have some of Judah's, too. But he looks much more serious than Maddie in his. :)
Post a Comment