
Everything from the World's Largest Store (Macy's had 8 floors, one of which was all shoes. I was in human heaven!) to a candy bar at the chocolate factory.
The one of two times I feared for my life was in Chinatown (the first time we visited). We were looking for Coach purses and were asking vendors if they had them. Many made a quick "No Coach" others just shook their heads. While walking on Broadway (the Street) we were approached by many who said, "Designer bag, you want bag, Coach, Prada, Chanel." That's what I wanted, so we said, "Yes." This woman then told us to follow her to the corner where she proceeded to walk another 2 blocks away from Broadway (the street). This made Jeremy nervous but we continued on to follow as she led us underground past a locked steel door. This made Jeremy even more nervous as he said to me, "Mich, are you sure you want to do this? It might not be worth it." Thankfully, Lindsey Martin told me about a similar situation that happened to her and I had courage (about the only time). We walked down the stairs and she closed the door behind us. We were in the clear to open another door to a room FULL of designer bags...Dad says they have to be stolen, but they are definitely fake. Once we made our purchase, we left, but not before she cleared the street from her walkie talkie cell phone.
Definitely and interesting experience all around!
1 comment:
Whoa! You're gonna have to show me this bag that made you do something dangerous! Must have been a pretty good steal--haha get it? STEAL??? Anywho, you two... I cannot wait to see you both! And I wish I could go see this HUGE city you went to. Okay, bye.
Post a Comment