It was an early wake up call at 1:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 22, 2010. I woke up with sharp contractions in my back and thought for sure this was it. Being a rule follower, I waited until the contractions were 5 minutes apart and then we went to the hospital. Since we didn't know what labor would be like and I had gotten sick, we packed everything up and made the 8 minute trek to the hospital. I felt funny being wheeled up the elevator to the labor and delivery floor since I thought I could make the walk.
Things weren't progressing as they would have liked, so by 6 a.m. they had to break my water. By 10 a.m., the contractions were pretty painful...still not progressing. They hooked me up to the minimal dose of pitocin and whoa...it took my breath away. I had to get an epidural after all and life was good again.
By 1:00 p.m. it was time to push and meet our little girl. I was hoping the Lord would have favor on me and I would only have to push a few times (like Eee) but no...at 3:45 p.m. we welcomed our 8 lb. 13 oz, 21 inch long Little Miss into the world. I was so grateful to be done with that part yet so aware of what life now meant, that I was a mother.
It was so fun to hold her and have tons of family and friends there to support us. God has blessed Maddie to have you all in her life.
We've learned much about flexibility, teamwork and support this past year. We wouldn't trade it for anything.
Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl. We love you.



1 comment:
So fun to remember!
And I have to say, I absolutely love that first picture of you! It looks like it could be in a magazine - so beautiful!
Post a Comment