Jeremy has been playing a game, Settlers of Catan, since we were first married 5 years ago. I once tried to play the game with him, his brother and a friend of ours. It was a train wreck with a capital T. The boys already knew how to play and it was a highly competitive game between the 3 of them. As you can imagine, I didn't do very well and decided it probably wasn't the best game for me.
Fast forward, 4 years. Present day. Jeremy recently purchased Settlers of Catan, the card game. It's a 2 player game that is similar to the board game. Since it's hard for him to get together with 2 or 3 other guys to play, I decided to give this game a go.
After 2 games of defeat, I decided to up my game a bit. And wouldn't you know, last night we need to write in history; I BEAT him at his own game. It was glorious. So glorious, I want to play again tonight.
This might be the first time, I've given him a run for his money at any game. He usually slaughters me at anything we do together...except Phase 10, which we don't play anymore.
I'm so inspired, I want to play him in basketball. Yeah right...who am I kidding?
2 comments:
Haha! Go Mich!
I love Settlers of Catan, however when I play my Jeremy, I usually lose too. :-( I'll have to try the card game.
Post a Comment