Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sports Update

With this post being named Sports Update, clearly its dad again.  I just want to throw some opinions out there and do some venting as well as to what is going on in the sports world today, so here goes.

I will start with the Browns.  What an amazing win over the Super Bowl Saints.  They really made the Saints look terrible.  Very impressed with the win and after the bye week, I really hope they stick with McCoy.  Sure he did not look great on Sunday, but he won, and it is nice to feel like the Browns actually have a competent QB again.

Sticking in the NFL, Brett Favre is a joke.  Watching him limp around the field on Sunday night was so pathetic.  And now the truth about the voicemails comes out.  This guy was on top of the world and now I can't stand him and actually cheer for him to lose.  I hope the Vikings lose the rest of their games and we rid ourselves of #4.

Switching to NCAA football.  Another week, another No. 1 goes down.  No to surprising though.  Oklahoma was clearly overrated and playing an undefeated Mizzou at home at night was a tough task.  And how about Cam Newton.  The guy really is incredible.  He is making everyone forget about Denard Robinson (who I knew would fall off).  My picks for who I think will win the Heisman (not who should win it right now):

1. Newton, QB, Auburn- The numbers are just too good.  They will lose to Bama, but one loss not enough to derail the Cam Train
2. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon - I would give it to him because I do think the Ducks go undefeated, but right now, Newton has more rushing yards than him and it will probably stay that way.
3. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State - If he were doing this at a BCS school, it would be a whole lot closer.

No one else is even close (James and Moore aren't close either) but I do think Luck from Stanford with go to NY and so will Terrelle Pryor.

Loving the World Series this year.  Seeing the Yankees and Phillies lose makes me very happy.  I know MLB did not want the Giants vs. the Rangers, but I will be watching.  Seeing Brian Wilson close games with that dyed beard (Mich thinks it is natural; I am not buying it) is great TV.  My prediction, I will pull a Scott Miller, I am rooting for baseball.

That is it for now.  Quick Maddie update.  It was amazing to see her roll over.  Plus, she is getting a lot stronger and able to hold her head up, which is exciting too.

No comments: