Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cookies and Bread

I was reading WebMD today about iron (it's my new topic of study) in the body and I noticed that the lack of it in the body is the #1 cause of extreme fatigue. I guess I'm not that abnormal after all. It did say that it could take up to 30 days to get my energy level back to "normal." Considering I've been feeling this way for some time and attributing it to an active lifestyle, I don't know what I will be feeling like.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers, calls and encouraging diets as I have started to cook differently (with more foods that contain iron). Jeremy has loved it b/c I am cooking more. It's been fun to be creative with my food too!

I have learned that you can add wheat germ to almost anything. Mashed cauliflower is delicious with meatloaf (instead of potatoes). Rinsing spinach leaves and romaine lettuce when you have time is easier than when you don't and are grabbing for things to eat that are healthy.

Elise and Austin have inspired me to make cookies instead of buying them (cheaper and gives me an excuse to use my Kitchen Aid). Jeremy has seemed to like them so far. I have made 4 or 5 batches and he has eaten them all. The last I made was a brownie batch. They came out looking like milk chocolate and Jeremy wondered how they would taste. He's faithfully eaten them.

Now Elise and Austin have challenged me with making bread. We shall see if I rise to the challenge.

2 comments:

The Worsts said...

Lots of yummy things to eat...is there a mashed califlower recipie? sounds interesting! Let me know how making bread goes...Mike and I have taken that challenge on with my grandma's recipie and it has been a journey for sure!!

Susan Renstrom said...

Just found your blog since you posted a comment on mine. So good to catch up a bit. Just getting used to the idea that you're married and now Elise... How can that be?

Please get my email address from Kelli and let's chat.