Usually at noon on Fridays, a co-worker and I stop by Giant Eagle, a.k.a the Dirty Bird, and peruse the aisles for delicious samples. One day we managed to eat enough for our lunch and it was free! I usually feel guilty when doing this b/c the samples are for the patrons of the store, so I try to buy at least one item for $1. So really the free lunch costs $1.00. That's not bad.
On the day we ate our entire lunch there, we consumed 1/2 a turkey panini, cup of chili, crackers, juice and dessert. I know it's not the healthiest meal, but it's fun to get it free!
My college friends and I used to walk the aisles of Kroger sometimes looking for "treats." We often found cookies by the bakery and just giggled with delight when we found something else.
Maybe that's why I have so much fun doing it. Who knows...
1 comment:
Ahhh... I remember sampling at Kroger's. It was usually around midnight when one of us decided we absolutely needed something to snack on at the store!
Post a Comment