I have to admit, when I got the results from a test today, I didn't really feel like a new creation. I haven't been feeling the best this past month...and most of you are going to think, "I'll bet she's pregnant." Well, those weren't the results.
Since I wasn't feeling great, I went to the doctor to see what he thought. After many, many, many tests, all but one came back negative. That one was a wheat test to see if I had a sensitivity to it....and in fact, I do. At first, I thought, ok. I can do this just like I cut out dairy from my diet when Little Miss had the dairy allergy. But then I realized that this isn't a short term thing...it's like a complete lifestyle change.
And all the foods I can't eat came rushing to my mind....Biaggio's donuts, homemade/eat out pizza, regular cookies, cake, cookies; the list could go on and on, but I will halt.
Then I realized, remembered maybe, that God made me, sensitives and all. Hopefully, I will be a healthier person, and maybe have a healthier family, at the end of this learning process.
If anyone has any tips...PLEASE share!
5 comments:
My nephew has a wheat allergy, I'll ask my sis-in-law for tips
So is this the cause of your stomach issues years ago?
Revolution Pizza in Willowick (I think it's Willowick) has gluten free pizza, and so does Zeppe's now. (Revolution Pizza is in the Entertainment book if you have one of those--and you can register and print more coupons.)
It really is a lifestyle change... a lot of things can be adapted to be gluten free. It's a little harder eating out... but a lot of big chain restaurants have GF menus. However, if you like cooking... they have a whole host of gluten free things available for you to make at home. My mom likes to shop at Whole Foods. But, even Marcs (sometimes) & Giant Eagle carry stuff.
Just this past weekend, I made my mom an apple cobbler that you make with GF cake mix. So.. it's out there... it just sometimes may be more of a "Where's Waldo" type senario, finding it.
Good luck! Call them or email them if you have questions or need tips.
I can tell you it will be hard at first, but then you get used to it and dont even miss it! with all my GI stuff I have had to cut out SO MUCH....It was hard at first, but honestly, I dont even crave it, I make myself special treats that I can have...you will feel so much better :) Hang in there!
gluten free girl blog - lots of fantastic recipes. Plus she seems to have a great outlook toward a gluten free life. She even has two cookbooks that look fantastic. You can find it if you google it. So sorry about this - it will be an adjustment, but you can do this.
Post a Comment