Since I haven't gotten into couponing yet (still researching a system), I decided I better save on something that I KNEW we would eat and would save us some serious cash.
Growing up, my mom and dad would go with some friends and split a cow. I remember taking trips to Amish country to load up on some serious meat. It tasted so much better than the stuff we would get at the grocery store. It smelled better while cooking and tasted better in the end. I remember it being wrapped in butcher paper and it was stamped with what the cut was.
Jeremy and I tried this out a year ago and wherever we purchased the meat from was not good. It had a sour smell and flavor and we weren't pleased at all.
Since we saved so much money doing it, we decided to give it a try again with a different butcher. My dad takes many trips for work past a butcher they frequented and we decided to purchase a few cuts to try out the flavor. It was delicious. Not only did they have beef, but they had chicken, pork and turkey.
Yesterday, Little Miss, Mom and I took a trip to this butcher and it was worth it. We stocked up on 75 pounds of meat (including chicken, beef and pork) for just over $200! I know that sounds like a lot of money to fork out at once, but it came to $3.14 a pound!
I did some comparison with the Heinen's sales flyer yesterday (that's were I buy all my meat) and we saved a TON of money even on their sales prices. We bought the same chicken they sell for $2.00 discount per pound.
Byler's Freezer Meats was worth the trip. We will definitely return.
1 comment:
Josh and I keep talking about doing that. I'm sure it would save tons of money for our family to buy a cow, or split one with someone.
Post a Comment