Saturday, August 28, 2010

6 Days in Review

Phew...we are so glad to have had our precious girl exactly 2 days BEFORE her due date.

One week ago today, I began having mild contractions which within 15 hours, turned quite painful.  13 hours, nubain, much breathing, an epidural, almost 2 hours of pushing and much coaching we welcomed Madeline Anne into the world.  Jeremy did a great job updating everyone through Facebook. 

Since then, we've had lots of visitors, many meals cooked (THANK YOU ALL) and lots of middle-of-the-night feedings.  God is good and gracious and gave us a great sleeper.  We've already transitioned her to her big girl crib.  Her temperament must be her father's-she's easy going and loves to look around at people.  She makes the cutest sounds and is a GREAT eater.  

We've already had our first pediatrician appointment.  I'm also thankful that the doctor saw she was tongue-tied and took care of it quickly.  It could have been a painful week of eating - if you know what I mean.  

My Momma has been here during the days since Wednesday.  I'm so thankful that she's helped me and Jer, mostly me, transition into parenthood.  

And now for a recent picture of our Maddie...


2 comments:

Kellee Flatt said...

What a cutie pie! Very impressive with the crib already. Congrats again! I look forward to the many pictures to come!

Elise said...

oooooooooooooeee. so cute.