I've discovered that I like to clean up and make a yard look pretty. Last night, Jeremy and I got back from a run and we went right to work. We are often spontaneously enthused to do special projects around the house. Last night we tackled the garage, side yard and front flower bed.
The garage floor needed a sweep very badly, so out came the push-broom. Jeremy manned the shovel (a.k.a. dustpan) and I swept away; it soon became a very dusty place. I remember doing this as a kid and hating these kind of jobs but last night, I discovered a sense of accomplishment and LOVED it.
We finished the job and moved to the side yard. It contained years worth of trash and old paint cans. Jeremy and Sam were debating whether or not the trash collector would take it to the "mother ship." Sure enough, when the golf cart came around, the trash collector took it all! Yahoo!
Being completely motivated, I took the lid off a trash can (like I had seen my momma do many times while growing up) and plucked the weeds right out of the front bed. It's time to plant those pretty annuals now. I can't wait...I just love how a fresh flower bed looks.
We just had a blast making the home, that we do not own, look a little prettier.
Tonight-we tackle the back porch (the painting continues). Thanks Momma, Dad and Elise!
No comments:
Post a Comment