Ok. I fess up. I didn't last on the Master Cleanse, not even 24 hours. It was absolutely terrible and I mean absolutely. I have to admit-I didn't want to post after that day b/c I didn't go on to day 2 of the Cleanse. But here we go.
On Sunday night, I had a nice relaxing evening with the cup of herbal tea. Went to bed feeling fine and not hungry but woke up semi dreading the salt water cocktail I had to consume. It was 32 ounces of warm salt water. Remember when you would have to gargle water for your sore throat? Yep, that's what it tasted like. Except I wasn't gargling, I gulped it down. So nasty.
Then, I had to make yet another cocktail, this time it consisted of some crazy ingredients and tasted just as bad. I filled up my Nalgene bottle with cold spring water (what the recipe called for), then added the 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon), 1 tablespoon of organic grade B maple syrup (what maple stirrers taste like from the Maple Fest in Chardon), and a 1/10 teaspooon of cayenne pepper. However, I didn't have a 1/10 tsp. measuring spoon so I did 1/8 not thinking it would taste terribly different. I felt like I was at an Indian restaurant it was so spicy. I was doing breathing treatment for the heat in my mouth after every sip. I drank 24 ounces of the 32 that I made and tried again, this time not putting so much cayenne in. It still was bad.
I went home home hungry, yet positive that I could make it another day. A coffee/caffiene hangover does not go well with an empty stomach filled with cayenne pepper. Let me tell you.
That night, we took dinner over to my grandma's house. Just so I wouldn't have to smell food, Jeremy kindly made the spaghetti and salad for our night out and I caved. It smelled all the way into the bedroom and I gave up-for spaghetti. It never tasted so good.
On another note...just heard word from the Wilsey clan. Check out the blog to get the update...it's so very exciting!
2 comments:
I feel your pain! You really need to do it with someone, otherwise it's very difficult! And Im equally as excited for Liz and Sam!!
HAHA!
Post a Comment