Friday, June 8, 2007

Storms Galore

It just so happens that the first time I travel on business for PMA, I get stuck in Chicago. Mind you, I have never been fond of O'Hare airport-being stuck there for 8 hours after a international flight is not fun. So I wasn't very surprised when I walked in the airport to check my gate (after and early morning to run a seminar and catching a shuttle) to find that my flight had not been delayed but CANCELLED! It was 4 p.m. and my flight was scheduled for 5:25 p.m. but at 3ish they had already cancelled the flight.

So here I am, in Chicago with no clean clothes, work out clothes, housing, food, transportation, nothing and I have to make arrangements for my nights stay. I decided to call the hotel that held the seminar only to find out it was sold out. I thought, "Where should I stay, what should I do?" So I called my sales contact at that hotel to find if there were any strings he could pull for me. Did he pull strings...I was put up in the penthouse bi-level suite!

I walk into the room, after ringing the doorbell, and walked right into a conference room with a half bath. When I turned the corner I found a sitting area equipped with TV, couch, 2 cushy seats, microwave, fridge, etc. Now remember, this is a bi-level-it has stairs and a lot of stairs. I lug my luggage up the stairs to find a HUGE bed and another bathroom, TV, chair and desk.

I ordered room service and called it a night. 12:00 a.m. the storm it. I probably could have made it home.

I caught my flight at 8:25 a.m. today and headed home. It's good to be home.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I miss reading your posts... I miss you guys more than that. Love you.